Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 15 June 2012


Hello everyone!
I hope you are all having a great summer!
We are enjoying a lot of swimming.
I'm dropping by with a new Beach Bag I created with 
Laminated Cotton Polka Dot Fabric 
My fabric is from a favorite Etsy Shop:
Annie Moore Fabric
(black and white laminated polka dot by Michael Miller)
  
I made my bag fairly large, since it is for the beach/swimming pool!
I was happily surprised how easy the laminated fabric was to work with.
I used a special presser foot.  
Use a Teflon® or Ultraglide foot. 
These feet have a special coating on the bottom, which allows them to move smoothly over difficult fabrics like PUL and vinyl.
(You will see a few more tips at the end of this post.)

 I had fun with embellishments.
(The flower is detachable.)
The bag is reversible with laminated fabric on the inside lining.
Great for wet towels and swim suits!
The front pockets are trimmed with black beads.
I think I want to make more items with this cool fabric!
Just think of all the cool baby projects!



  • Use All-purpose thread. Dual Duty XP or Coats Cotton All-purpose


  • Use Size 12 or 14, sharp needles. A smaller needle makes a smaller puncture hole.


  • Presser Foot: A Teflon coated presser foot will prevent the presser foot sticking when sewing on the laminated side. This is especially helpful when topstitching. A roller presser foot may also be used.


  • Use a longer stitch length (3mm or more) for seaming and topstitching. Shorter stitch lengths can have the affect of perforating the fabric.


  • It isn’t necessary to straighten the grain on a laminated fabric, it will not shift due to the coating.


  • Holes may remain in fabric, so place pins in seam allowances and avoid having to rip seams. If making a garment, be sure of fit and make alterations to pattern before cutting out.


  • Do not touch an iron to the right side. Use a warm iron on the wrong side.


  • Welt, flat-fell or topstitched seams will lie flatter than a plain seam, since seams cannot be pressed open.

Thanks for visiting!



0 comments:

Post a Comment